19.10.11

New Uses

Last week we used the ipods to read some really informative articles in my careers class about young entrepreneurs.  The students then commented on our class blog about what they found inspiring/unique with the products produced or services provided.  It was interesting to see their point of view and allow them to read one-another's words.  I continue to find that some of my students are actually "more themselves" when hidden behind the keyboard of a computer or touch pad of an ipod.

I have also noticed that my Spanish I students have scored VASTLY higher than last years students on the numbers portion of our test.  I couldn't figure out why, well, DUH, it wasn't me, it was the help of Mindsnacks, an ipod application.  Many of my students have even added it to their personal ipods, which is really neat, and are working on learning numbers at home (without me assigning it or having to grade extra papers).

More to follow!  I am attending a conference this week and one of the workshops is using ipod touches in the Spanish classroom (pretty pumped!)